Installing WordPress can be very easy if you’re using Fantastico scripts. In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how you can set up a WordPress blog in under 5 minutes. In this video, I’ll be showing you exactly what to do right from the Lunarpages (aff) homepage, just so you don’t get lost in the system.
Well… if you took away all of the time I’m waffling on, you could probably do this in less time… assuming you’re on a decent connection, that is!
Why would you want to? Well, it would mean that you could install as many blogs as you wanted for different areas of you life. Also, after you’ve learnt how to do this, I suppose you could start offering your blog installation service and charge to install other people’s blogs for them!
Remember, Fantastico is available from other web-hosts but if you join up for the Lunarpages affilate program (aff) now, you can earn $65 for every new customer you refer. So that’s extra on top of whatever you charge . Just an idea…
Anyway, enjoy the tutorial.
- Sign up with Lunarpages (aff) and get an account to make use of Fantastico Scripts.
- Log in with your Username and Password onthe Lunarpages homepage at the top.
- Click on the Control Panel button.
- Click on the “Go To cPanel” button.
- Scroll down and click on the “Fantastico” icon.
- Click on the “WordPress” link on the left hand side.
- Click on the “New Installation” link in the main content area.
- Select the domain to install on using the dropdown. Usually, the default is okay.
- Fill in the directory field if you want to install your blog in a particular directory.
- Add an “Admin Username” for accessing the WordPress Administration screen (CasE SenSiTive) and make a note of it.
- Add a “Password” for the WordPress Admin screen (again CasE SensITivE) and make a note of it.
- Add an “Admin Nickname” – something that WordPress will call you when you enter the Admin area.
- Add an “Admin Email” address for you to be notified of events on the site.
- Add a “Site Name” – what you call your blog and is displayed on the header.
- Add a “Description” – the tagline underneath your Site Name in the header.
- Add your cPanel login password to the “Email Account Password” field.
Note: alternatively, you can set up a specific email and password in Lunarpages cPanel and use these details.
- Hit the “Install WordPress” button.
- Check through the details on the screen.
- Click on the “Finish Installation” button.
- TA-DA! Your installation is complete.
- You can now use the link provided to go to your Admin area and use the Username and Password you provided to log into your WordPress Blog.
- Enjoy your new Blog!
Leave a Comment
Please keep in mind that comments are moderated and
rel="nofollow" is in use. So, please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name, or it will be deleted. Let us have a personal and meaningful conversation instead.